Saturday, December 20, 2008

A Lot Has Happened

So I know I have a lot of catching up to do, so here it goes. Over Thanksgiving Chad and I took our kids to see my sister Natalie and her family and my brother Mike and his family. It worked out nicely because they're next door neighbors. Kyler and Raegyn had a blast playing with all of their cousins and they never stopped running until they were asleep. Needless to say, they were never bored. Chad and I went to New Orleans for four days with Natalie and her husband Jeff to help her at market with her purses. I never thought I'd see the day when Chad and Jeff would be selling purses. It was pretty funning listening to them sell, but they did a great job. Thanks Chad for being such a great sport about it all. But, it wasn't all work we went to great restaurants at night and we were able to go to the Monday night football game between the Saints and the Green Bay Packers. It was a high scoring game, so that made it even more fun to watch. I love football and I had a blast at this game. It was a great first pro game to go to and the Saints won.
Thanksgiving was a lot of fun with everyone and the missionaries ate with us. The weather was so nice. It was about 75-80 degrees there most of the time, which was nice. I miss that weather, but it was good to be home in our own beds. Unfortunately we didn't take any picures while we were there. Chad happened to take some of the kids when they first woke up so the picture below is really all we have of the trip.
Last weekened all of the grandkids went to have their pictures taken and we also had family pictures taken. I'll post some of them later. It was a warmer day for December, but everyone was still freezing. I was excited to get pictures taken until we got there. I don't know why I thought my kids would just sit there and smile, obviously I wasn't thinking clearly, but the photographer did a great job and managed to get some cute pictures of them.
Me and Raegyn sitting in the car getting ready for pictures.

You could always make Raegyn and Kyler happy by giving them Chad's Big Gulp of Mountain Dew. I wasn't to excited about them drinking it, but they would smile and thats all that mattered at the time.

Kyler wasn't happy unless he was running around and doing what he wanted to do.

Shelby was great with Kyler and Raegyn. She would hold Raegyn in the pictures and entertain Kyler during the other pictures.


Everyone was always more then willing to help Chad and I with the kids. I think they could tell I was a little frustrated.

This pose was the only one Kyler was happy about because he would run and jump on poor Shelby's back, but she was great about it. Unfortunately, Raegyn wanted nothing to do with this pose.


On Monday we had the Davis Family Christmas Party at Classic Skating. Kyler had so much fun playing all of the arcade games and playing on all of the bouncy slides.


Raegyn started getting a fever on Monday so she wasn't to happy that night. She still isn't feeling well. I took her to the doctor on Tuesday and her left ear drum had burst and she had a sore throat. She got some antibiotics to help her, but I ended up taking her back to the doctor on Thursday because her temperature kept getting higher. Her throat got worse and now her right ear was infected. On Friday I noticed she had drainage out of here right ear so I figured that that one had now burst. My poor baby girl, she is still running a temperature and is not happy. Hopefully she will start feeling better before Monday or I will have to take her back to the doctor.

These next two pictures are just some random shots I took and I thought they were cute.


I love when they let me take a picture of them together. It doesn't happen very often.

3 comments:

Darcie said...

WOW, you posted something new!!! Look at all you have been up to. I am glad that we could all get together and have the kids pictures taken, I love them.

daveandvicky said...

Cute pictures, I was hopig to see Louisiana pictures too. Well maybe next year.

Amberlee said...

Em- Your kids are so cute. I love the new pictures. Your family is cute. Want to play some soccer?? Let me know.